- – K, 6.5mm hook
- 375 yds total Aran weight yarn in 2 (or more) colors (Color A: 215 yds; Color B: 160 yds)
- Size (hung): 36″ wide x 26″ long (shown hung on a 27″ wide window)
- Special Stitches:
- Tr – triple/treble crochet (click HERE for video tutorial)
- Tr2tog over 4 ch: Work a tr in the next st, until there are 2 loops left on the hook, skip 2 ch, work tr in the next ch until there are 3 loops left on the hook, yo and pull through all 3 loops
- To make wider or narrower, add or subtract a multiple of 19 sts.
- Click here for a Video Tutorial for the Big Bold Chevron Stitch
Row 1: With Color A, ch 138. Tr in 6th ch from hook, *[ch 1, skip 1 ch, tr in next ch] 3 times, ch 1, skip 1 ch, in next ch work (tr, ch 3, tr), [ch 1, skip 1 ch, tr in next ch] 3 times, ch 1, skip 1 ch**, tr2tog over next 4 ch. Repeat from * 5 times, then repeat from * to ** once. Work tr2tog over last 3 ch, skipping the second ch. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as 1st st), tr in next st, *[ch 1, skip ch, tr in next st] 3 times, ch 1, in ch-3 sp work (tr, ch 3, tr), [ch 1, skip ch, tr in next st] 3 times, ch 1, skip ch**, tr2tog over 3 sts, skipping the tr2tog from previous row (in the center). Repeat from * 5 times, then repeat from * to ** once. Work tr2tog over last 3 sts, working the second half into the top of the turning ch. Turn.
Row 3: Repeat Row 2, finishing last stitch with Color B. Break Color A.
Row 4 – 6: With Color B, repeat Row 2 finishing last st of Row 6 with Color A. Break Color B.
Row 7 – 9: With Color A, repeat Row 2, finishing last st of Row 9 with Color B. Break Color A.
Rows 10 – 21: Repeat in pattern, changing colors every 3 rows. Break yarn and weave in ends, being careful to weave in each color into the same color yarn along the sides of the rows. Hang and enjoy!
Read more at http://www.mooglyblog.com/big-bold-chevron-curtain/#aBPbvyW90X10fHXS.99